Saturday, March 17, 2012

Seven Days with God


MONDAY -- WASH DAY 

God, help me wash away my selfishness and vanity, so I may serve you with perfect humility through the week ahead.

TUESDAY -- IRONING DAY 



God, help me iron out all the wrinkles of prejudice I have collected through the years so that I may see the beauty in others.

WEDNESDAY -- MENDING DAY 

God, help me mend my ways so that I will not set a bad example for others.

THURSDAY - CLEANING DAY 

God, help me to dust out all the many faults I have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart.

FRIDAY -- SHOPPING DAY


God, give me the grace to shop wisely so I may purchase eternal happiness for myself and all others in need of love.

SATURDAY -- COOKING DAY 

God, help me to brew a big kettle of brotherly love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.

SUNDAY -- 

God, I have prepared my house for you. Please come into my heart as my honored guest so I can spend the day and the rest of my life in your presence. 

1 comment: